Animal Control

All dogs in the RM of Portage must be licensed.
Dog Licenses are issued on a one time basis. There is no charge for the license but we ask that you put the tag on the dog so that it may be easily identified if your
dog is ever lost.  Please visit the Municipal office to register your dog!
Dogs must NOT be allowed to:
  • Bite
  • Pursue
  • Run at large
  • Cause a noise disturbance
  • Defecate on other people's property
Contact the Dog Control Officer, Larry Saunders, at 204-871-0154 for more information or complaints.
If you suspect an animal has rabies please call Manitoba Wildlife & Conservation at 1-204-945-7775 or visit their website at